Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Ultra Get Ripped Diet

The Ultra Get Ripped Diet
By Michael W. (Mick) Stewart BST CFT

Several of you have asked me about the diet I used prior to having the photographs taken in late May, 2008. I hate to call it a "crash" diet ... and as most of you know I do *not* like diets such as this. But lets be honest. It is a crash diet!

Here it is:


Breakfast (meal 1): one grande-size Starbucks coffee and pastry. 830am
Snack (meal 2): 4 eggs fried in canola oil with 1 peice of wheat toast w/butter. 1030am
Lunch (meal 3): 1 small salad. 1pm
Snack (meal 4): 1 banana and 1 handful of green or red grapes. 3pm
Dinner (meal 5): 1 small salad. 5pm


First, this style of eating is considered "european" -- a number of small meals, about 3-6, spaced sufficiently throughout the day. Second, I did not (and currently do not) keep a running tally of calories, carbs or protein. I gave that up when I began "portion sizing" my food. So no need to do that unless you have to or want to. Third, each meal is roughly the size of my hand (give or take) so that I am eating small portions throughout the day. Fourth, yes that is a pastry. I long ago gave up big breakfasts for a pastry and coffee. Thats all my body will accept in the morning! You may be different. If you want to take in eggs, toast and fruit - go ahead. Each person is different. You'll find that as you get older (I am now 41) we eat less. A pastry and coffee is enough and it spikes my insulin along with my usual caffeine high. Lastly, give your body a rest. No carbs past 5pm and no eating past 7pm!

The key to making this diet work for you is this:

(1.) You must have 1-2 protein items;
(2.) You must eat "portion size" - that means SMALL.
(3.) You must eat in stages throughout the day.
(4.) You must drink a minimum of 4-5 glasses of water per day.
(5.) GIVE YOUR BODY A REST and stop eating at 5 or 6pm!

** This is probably the most important point of all. STOP EATING. Close the fridge. STOP EATING. Close the cupboards. STOP EATING. Close your mouth ... push the food away. Let your body begin to metabolize all that food you've fed it and properly assimiliate and dissimenate it throughout the body while you sleep. Give your body a rest! ***

This is how I got my six pack back.

In order to have those abs show through, you have to eat less, workout, do a small amount of cardio per day and continue to lift moderate weight.

The combination that best works for me (and may work for you) may be:

1. Eat 3-6 small, nutritious meals per day.
2. Do cardio 3-4 x per week (running, walking or stairs). Maximum of 30 minutes.
3. Lift moderate weight. Maximum of one (1) hour.
4. Stick with it.

(c) copyright. mikestewartfitness.com
2001-2008. eat healthy * lift heavy
all rights reserved.

No comments: